Animal cruelty in Jarrow.
Sorry to here about that Pat. Hope you're ok.
Thanks for your good wishes Birdman and Jarraman. A couple of days bawling should put me right again!!! Smile
Pat Wrote:You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals.
I cannot help secretly thinking that.. I hope it bit a lump out of him!!!
I'm a bit sad right now as my beautiful dog died last night.

I totally agree Pat. IMO, you have to be a pretty cold person if you can inflict suffering on any animal.

Hope you're felling a bit better Pat, I can sympathies with your loss, we lost our family dog a few years back and it floored me.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Pat Wrote:You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals.
I cannot help secretly thinking that.. I hope it bit a lump out of him!!!
I'm a bit sad right now as my beautiful dog died last night.

Never a truer word said.
St James Park till the day I die.
hi being a trained game keeper im well used to seeing traps of all kinds. the setting of fox traps in the jarrow area will be by persons owning the likes of jack russelss as you described it as homemade its owner will be amateur. i have seen countless rabbit snares set all over the river don area. i am a keen birdwatcher and learnt most of it from a local jarra man named dave fullerton. if anyone wants to get an idea of the harm these traps cause try imagining the worst you can think of and times it by ten. we are all local but not all of us have the eyes to see. i have seen lovely three kingfishers on the don. in my area (wont mention exactly were) unless from trusted sources we have just seen mole activity never before seen. best way to deal with traps put the people in them that set them and leave them there to a slow agonising death.
hey people i wouldnt worry about taking pics and givining away the locations of these places ,these people are very clued up on location of the wild life ,colin had said that the low life are not inteligent enough to use p.c.'s ,well these people are very organised and there are web sites and groups who share the same interests as these people ,sprocket you say in your post the owners of jack russels and the like ,well iv owend a few jack russels in my time ,and never used them in this manner,im a keen fisherman and birdwatcher and have come across these type of people many a time ,they are just like you and me ,they also are out watching for wild life but as you can see they have diffrent veiws as us,yes these traps mite be amaturish ,but they are effective,the animals could be used many uses baiting or just for a trophy,or most of the time for to sell to the taxidermitry trade ,,,dont let these people stop you from the enjoyment of taking your fotos or even discusing your interests on here ,if you are vigilent and report any thing you find to the police ,these people will soon move on ,,,,,,,happy twitching allWink
hi bigvin. your exactly right. these people are inteligent and know where to look for the stuff they want to catch . when i mentioned jack russels i was not having a go to all owners of these dogs. many types of dogs are used even poodles in france for duck poaching. you like the wildlife and countryside and sound like a animal lover. dont get me wrong mind you. everyone legaly even today has the right to hunt if its genuily to feed your family in times of hardship. and jarrow has seen many of those times.
your dead right when you say these guys know how to use pcs and are organised. i have seen people duck fishing on the don.(using a hooked line exactly like you would to go fishing baited with stale bread) mallard duck is just as tasty as your shop bought.gone are the days when ferrets only were usedto hunt. you would think living in a town poaching and hunting wouldnt exist but it does. foxes can bring a nice reward for poachers sold live to your fox hunting gentry they can fetch as much as£2000. and yes the taxidermists will buy but these days only dead roadside kills. but theres still the few. no one should let these people stop there enjoyment of the open spaces. to catch these people you need to be up and out there about an hour before first light when there pray is most active. i too love birdwatching. always found fishing a bit boring mind. have you ever tried tickling trout its fun and works. best wishes sprocket719Smile
I have had a fox visiting my garden last few nights nice to see in middle of town they dont deserve the bad publicity they get and lets hope the trap not harmed any animals
More cruelty reported in tonights gazette.

Water Vole traps along the River Don.

Terrible stuff.

Please if anyone knows who these people are give the number at the bottom of the page a ring.

Here's the link.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/39Stop-these-sick-attacks39.6440479.jp
Pc Mcready's new secret weapon against the trappers.He's also helping to keep the rabbit population down.Smile

Attached Files
.jpg   foxhunting-712904.jpg (Size: 35.37 KB / Downloads: 17)