Animal cruelty in Jarrow.
After a recent chat with Pc Mcready of Hebburn Police Office we discovered that a large Fox trap had been discovered near the Don at St Pauls.

I'm not disclosing the exact location but the suffering that this animal would have gone through if it had been trapped is unthinkable.

Pc Mcready is very wildlife friendly and has offered his help to anyone with any information regarding cruelty to animals. It is also an offence to cause unneccesary suffering to an animal.

We are seeing some rare mammals and birds returning to Jarrow. Let's enjoy them but please don't let anyone spoil it.

Pc Mcready can be contacted on 03456043043 ext 69191
http://www.jarrowandhebburngazette.com/latest-news/Fox-trap-found-at-beauty.6052467.jp

Gazette report.
Well there you go. one of those oddballs I was talking about who could be monitoring posts on this site. Best keep quiet about the exact location of anything you come across be it otters, parrots, nesting birds or anything that could be trapped or interfered with. :mad::mad::mad:
This is awful!!! The Gazette article reckons they could be trapped as a pets or even worse, for fighting!!!!

Hopefully posts like this will prompt people to keep their eyes open for potential traps placed around the place.
You can take the lad out of Jarrow but you can't take Jarrow out of the lad.
Birdman Wrote:Well there you go. one of those oddballs I was talking about who could be monitoring posts on this site. Best keep quiet about the exact location of anything you come across be it otters, parrots, nesting birds or anything that could be trapped or interfered with. :mad::mad::mad:
I agree with that, I think If anyone find's anything, we say nothing about location & If we do manage to get any photo's we must make sure there's nothing in photo to give anyone a clue where it was taken.so Jarraman we'll have to watch where we point our camera's when we are out on walkabout's.
This infuriates me, or any form of animal cruelty for that matter. But as for these ....s monitoring the post, I don't think they are intelligent enough. Lowlife comes to mind.:mad:
its a sad state of affairs when we cannot even discus our own area.
i don't think this is the usual youth of today.
lets face it where would they get a fox trap from and would they go to all the trouble ?
who else would want a fox ?
i should think poachers are few and far between in Jarrow. dog fighters may be, or pigeon breeders.
not that i am suggesting anything i am just thinking out loud Wink
Fred, as far as we could gather it was a home made trap which showed previous signs of Fox trapping.

Why they would want a Fox beats me as well, don't even want to think about what could have happenened to the poor thing.

The local Police Officer is PC Mcready and he's into his wildlife so is taking a big interest in it.
You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals.
I cannot help secretly thinking that.. I hope it bit a lump out of him!!!
I'm a bit sad right now as my beautiful dog died last night.
Pat Wrote:You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals.
I cannot help secretly thinking that.. I hope it bit a lump out of him!!!
I'm a bit sad right now as my beautiful dog died last night.

Pat, I know how you must be feeling about your dog, We've had four and they're all buried in the garden, each with a rhododendron bush planted over them. They all flower within a couple of weeks of one another in late spring and brighten up the garden at that time of year.

We recently acquired an old Siamese cat (14+ years) from the cat protection folk and what a character it's turned out to be. It beats me how anyone can deliberately hurt an animal.:mad: